10-LINCOLN PARK AND VERNON AND ARLINGTON LINE (1932-1937)

 

Formed from the Vernon and Arlington Avenue branch of the M-Grand and Moneta Avenue Line and the N. Broadway branch of the A-West Adams and North Broadway Line. Service started June 12, 1932.

 

ROUTE: From W. Vernon and Arlington Avenues, east on Vernon to Dalton Avenue, north on Dalton to Santa Barbara Avenue. East on Santa Barbara to Grand Avenue, north on Grand to Pico Boulevard, east on Pico to Broadway, north and east on Broadway to Lincoln Park Boulevard, south on Lincoln Park to Mission Road.

 

MAY 9, 1937: Line renamed 10-North Broadway and West Vernon Line with no other change.

 

10-NORTH BROADWAY AND WEST VERNON LINE (1937-1939)

 

Formed from the 10-Lincoln Park and Vernon and Arlington Line with no change (except for the name), effective May 9, 1937.

 

ROUTE: From Arlington and Vernon Avenues, east on Vernon to Dalton, north on Dalton to Santa Barbara, east on Santa Barbara to Grand, north on Grand to Pico, east on Pico to Broadway, north and east on Broadway to Lincoln Park Boulevard, south on Lincoln Park to Mission Road.

 

SEPTEMBER 24, 1939: Rerouted and renamed the 10-West Vernon and Edgeware Road Line. The Broadway branch was assigned to the W-Line.

 

10-WEST VERNON AND EDGEWARE ROAD LINE (1939-1942)

 

Formed from the 10-North Broadway and West Vernon Line, Vernon Street branch and the Edgeware branch of the A-West Adams and Edgeware Road Line. Service begun September 24, 1939.

 

ROUTE: From Arlington and Vernon Avenues, east on Vernon to Dalton Avenue, north on Dalton to Santa Barbara Avenue. East on Santa Barbara to Grand Avenue, north on Grand to W 11th Street, east on 11th to Hill Street, north on Hill to Temple Street, west on Temple to Edgeware Road, north and east on Edgeware Road to Douglas Street, north on Douglas to Kensington Road.

 

OCTOBER 18, 1942: Shuttle service on both the Vernon Avenue and the Edgeware Road branches after 7:00pm on Saturday and weekdays and all day Sunday.

 

NOVEMBER 30, 1942: 10-Line discontinued, with service on Vernon Avenue and Edgeware Road provided by shuttle service only.

 

2nd 10-VERNON AND DALTON AVENUE LINE (1943-1946)

 

Formed from the Dalton Avenue Shuttle, starting June 21, 1943.

 

ROUTE: From Arlington and Vernon Avenues, east on Vernon to Dalton Avenue, north on Dalton to Santa Barbara Avenue, east on Santa Barbara during non-rush hours to a crossover at Santa Barbara and Normandie Avenue. During rush hours the line was extended east on Santa Barbara Avenue to Vermont Avenue, north on Vermont to a crossover at W. 39th Street.

 

JANUARY 17, 1946: Rail service abandoned.