EAGLE ROCK LINE (1906-1910)

 

Formed on newly built trackage.

 

ROUTE: From Avenue 28 and Dayton Avenue (N. Figueroa), west on Avenue 28 and private right-of-way to Cypress Avenue, northwest on Cypress to Verdugo Road, north on right-of-way and Eagle Rock Boulevard to Colorado Boulevard, east on Colorado to Townsend Street.

 

FEBRUARY 5, 1906 Construction begun.

 

AUGUST 20, 1906: Passenger service begun as a shuttle from Avenue 28 and Dayton Avenue.

 

NOVEMBER 1910: Transferred to the Los Angeles Railway Corporation.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++

 

E-EAGLE ROCK AND Hawthorne LINE (1920-1932)

 

Formed from the Eagle Rock Valley and Hawthorne Line with no changes of route.

 

ROUTE: From Townsend Street and Colorado Boulevard west on Colorado to Eagle Rock Boulevard, south on Eagle Rock to Cypress Avenue. Southeast on Cypress and private right-of-way to Avenue 28, south on Avenue 28 to Dayton Avenue (N. Figueroa.) South on Dayton to Avenue 20 (San Fernando Road), east on Avenue 20 to Pasadena Avenue, south on Pasadena and North Broadway to Sunset Boulevard. East on Sunset to Main Street, south oh Main and Spring Streets to W. 1st Street, west on 1st to Broadway, south on Broadway, Broadway Place, and Main Street to Jefferson Avenue. West on Jefferson to Grand Avenue, south on right-of-way along Grand to Santa Barbara Avenue (King Boulevard), west on right-of-way along Santa Barbara and on Santa Barbara to Liemert Boulevard. South on Liemert and Crenshaw Boulevard to right-of-way along Redondo Boulevard, southwest on right-of-way to La Brea Avenue, south on La Brea and Hawthorne Boulevard to Broadway (Hawthorne.)

 

APRIL 6, 1926: With the opening of the Broadway Tunnel, (from Broadway and Sunset Boulevard, south on Broadway to California Street) to streetcar traffic, cars were routed off of Sunset, Main, Spring, and W. 1st to Broadway.

 

JUNE 1926: Due to storm drain work on Jefferson Avenue, cars rerouted down Broadway all the way to Pico, west on Pico to Grand Avenue.

 

AUGUST 1926: Service restored onto Jefferson from Main Street to Grand Avenue.

 

JANUARY 1931: Rights-of-way along Grand and Santa Barbara Avenues eliminated and cars operated in the streets.

 

MARCH 20, 1932: Renamed the 5- and 6-Lines, with no change of route.

 

E-EVERGREEN AVENUE LINE (1939-1946)

 

Formed from the Evergreen Avenue Shuttle, May 19, 1939.

 

ROUTE: From Whittier Boulevard and Euclid Avenue, north on Euclid to E. 4th Street, west on 4th to Evergreen Avenue, north on Evergreen to Wabash Avenue, east on Wabash to City Terrace, north and east on City Terrace to Miller Street. Operated only as far as Evergreen and Brooklyn Avenues during rush hours, with the B-Line taking over this section at those times. The B-Line during non rush hours operated only as far as Brooklyn and Evergreen Avenues.

 

JUNE 30, 1946: Rail service abandoned.