WEST 3rd STREET SHUTTLE (1923, 1924-1925)

 

Formed on newly built trackage on W. 3rd Street, west from Larchmont Boulevard to La Brea Avenue, service begun July 23, 1923.

 

ROUTE: From Larchmont Boulevard and W. 3rd Street, west on 3rd to La Brea Avenue.

 

AUGUST 26, 1923: Operation taken over by the R-Whittier Boulevard and West 3rd Street Line.

 

JULY 13, 1924: Due to power shortage, shuttle service reinstated except during afternoon rush-hours, when six cars ran through to La Brea.

 

JANUARY 4, 1925: Full-time service by the R-Line reinstated.